Antennas 101 barrowhamradio org
Pdf File 2,782.69 KByte, 42 Pages
Part 1 Dipoles, Doublets and Verticals
Rob May NV5E
Dipoles Doublets Loops Windoms G5RV End Fed Half Wave (EFHW) Beverage
Isotropic Radiator ? A theoretical antenna in free space that radiates equally well in all directions.
Gain ? Increase in amplitude of a signal, measured in dB
Decibel (dB) ? Logarithmic measurement of gain.
dBi ? Gain measured in relation to an isotropic radiator
dBd ? Gain measured in relation to a dipole, dBd = dBi + 2.15.
Azimuth Pattern ? Radiation pattern of the antenna when viewed from above. Directional or omni directional.
Elevation Pattern ? Angle of maximum radiation in relation to the ground. Lower is better for DX.
Balun ? Short for BALanced/UNbalanced. A device to force equal currents in coax.
How Much Gain is a dB?
0 dB = 1 1 dB = 1.26 2 dB = 1.58 3 dB = 1.99 4 dB = 2.51 5 dB = 3.16
6 dB = 3.98 = 1 S unit
7 dB = 5.01 8 dB = 6.31 9 dB = 7.94 10 dB = 10
2.15 dB gain over an Isotropic Radiator Balanced design Resonant on one band Traps can be added to make it multiband Fan Dipole Nominal 50 ohm impedance Gain increases with height (true for all antennas) Formula for calculating dipole length 468/F
- antennas 101 barrowhamradio org
- human rights 101 aaas org
- advisory committee 101 okcareertech org
- pdf olive oil 101 oldwayspt org
- third grade unit 7 economics 101 georgiastandards org
- property tax 101 mncounties org
- mr p s class 101 flyparsons org
- teacher resume writing 101 teachersoftomorrow org
- pdf health reform 101 utahafp org
- building abatement 101 ggcity org
- walking 101 heart org
- pdf map compass 101 ncacbsa org
- breast cancer 101 komenneohio org
- foot care 101 geriatricspt org
- careerlink 101 nwpajobconnect org
- arrays and multiplying 2 digit numbers 8 1
- unit 3 god gives us cloths messiah college
- blackhurst elementary school 2020 21 school
- energy bar association
- iblog teacher websites dearborn public schools