Cincinnati public schools seeks exceptional superintendent
Pdf File 998.27 KByte, 2 Pages
Cincinnati Public Schools
2651 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati, Ohio 45219 513-363-0123
Cincinnati Public Schools Seeks Exceptional Superintendent
Cincinnati Public Schools is a progressive, diverse school district that values strong teaching and powerful academic initiatives that make a difference in students' lives. We challenge our students academically, while connecting them to the world around them through a network of supportive partnerships that prepare them to compete globally. Through outstanding learning environments and an array of choices to complement different interests and learning styles, Cincinnati Public Schools has earned a national reputation as a top urban school district.
Our Rich History
Cincinnati Public Schools began in 1829 as The Common Schools of Cincinnati. Its first successful school was Woodward High School, which remains the oldest public school west of the Allegheny Mountains. Encompassing 91 square miles, Cincinnati schools continue to grow in popularity. In 2002, Cincinnati voters approved a $1-billion bond levy, ensuring that all of our students are educated in new or fully renovated, state-of-the-art buildings. In 2016, voters overwhelmingly approved a new levy that includes an expansion of access to quality preschool.
Cincinnati -- A Great Place to Work and Live
One of the nation's best-kept secrets, Cincinnati combines rich history, beautiful parks, and a variety of recreational and cultural activities with the excitement of young business start-ups, revitalized city neighborhoods, inviting entertainment districts, and major league and college sports teams. Around 2.2 million people call our city home, as do nine Fortune 500 and 15 Fortune 1000 companies. The city is within one day's travel time to 30 other major metro markets, and has received multiple awards for being a top place to work and live.
2016-17 Enrollment: Total Schools: Annual operating budget: Preschools:
Elementary Schools: High Schools: Combination:
35,000 PreK-12 students 55 $542.6 million 42 sites with preschool
39 (grades K-6 and K-8) 12 (grades 7-12)
4 (grades K-12)
Students with disabilities:
Students from economically disadvantaged families:
Students with limited English proficiency:
Cincinnati Public Schools Seeks a Superintendent Who...
? Is committed to achieving equity in access, opportunities and outcomes across the district.
? Possesses the leadership skills required to respond to the challenges presented by an ethnically and culturally diverse community.
? Inspires trust, self-confidence, and models high standards of integrity and personal performance with the ability to develop and communicate a vision of quality education for the future to the board, staff and community.
? Demonstrates commitment to community visibility with high interest in a broad range of community groups and organizations.
? Has successful experience in sound management practices, including appropriate participation of others in planning and decision-making.
? Has experience in the selection and implementation of educational priorities consistent with the interests and needs of students, staff, board and community.
? Has demonstrated strong leadership skills in previous positions.
? Is comfortable leading innovation and reform efforts.
? Is able to lead a large organization dedicated to goals of continuous improvement.
? Possesses the ability to enhance student performance, especially in identifying and closing or narrowing the gaps in student achievement.
? Has knowledge of emerging research and best practice in the area of curriculum/instructional design and practice.
? Is a strong communicator; speaking, listening and writing.
? Is strongly committed to a "student first" philosophy in all decisions.
Deadline and Selection
All materials submitted as part of the Superintendent application will remain confidential to the fullest extent allowed by law. After all applications and preliminary interviews are conducted by the consulting firm, the names of the finalists will be presented to the Cincinnati Board of Education. Selection of the candidates for interviews is the sole responsibility of the Board. Candidates selected for interviews should expect that their names and resumes will become public information. To be considered for the position, submit an application file online including:
? A letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences and reasons for interest in the position.
? The online application form and a resume. ? Four current letters of recommendation.
Apply online at:
Questions should be directed to:
Ray & Associates, Inc. 4403 First Avenue SE, Site 407 Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 Phone: 319-393-3115 ? Fax: 319-393-4931 glr@
Salary and Benefits
A nationally competitive salary will be offered with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting Board criteria.
The candidate must have superintendent credentials. More information about Ohio's accreditation process is available at the Ohio Department of Education:
Deadline: March 23, 2017
- cincinnati public schools 2019 state report card fact sheet
- cincinnati public schools board of education
- cincinnati public schools summer food service 2018
- cincinnati public schools calendar
- cincinnati public schools student acceptable use policy
- cincinnati public schools
- pdf cincinnati public schools successes and challenges in
- cincinnati public schools high school guide
- cincinnati public schools community learning centers
- cincinnati public schools password mlb com
- cincinnati public schools severe weather procedure
- cincinnati public schools seeks exceptional superintendent
- cincinnati public schools supplier form
- cincinnati public schools reason foundation
- cincinnati public schools severe weather procedure frequently
- college of education and human services
- exemplar assignment brief pearson qualifications
- marine environments
- course instructor data set
- arkansas department of finance
- st john s regional catholic school frederick
- volvo truck diagnostic software
- city of woodstock ontario jobs
- cvt transmission remanufacturers
- check stolen vehicle by plate
- autonation nissan pembroke pines
- amc movie theaters brighton mi
- auto manufacturing plants in mexico
- mitsubishi outlander sport safety
- city of redmond oregon website
- best battery load tester reviews
- john deere rebate offer lowes
- ford red carpet lease details
- mt si mlk basketball tournament
- chevy dealership in montgomery al
- city of detroit engineering department
- reviews of doctors in florida
- john deere tractor parts used
- sparrow looking bird with red head