Director of operations mckinsey
Pdf File 199.20 KByte, 3 Pages
Director of Operations,
Founded by McKinsey & Company in 2018, is an independent non-profit whose mission is to have lasting and substantial impact on complex social challenges. We act as an incubator for new, scalable solutions to social issues in partnership with leaders from the private-, public- and socialsectors.
Our first program on Sustainable Communities launched with an initiative called Rethinking Recycling, focused on helping cities increase the amount of their waste recycled, particularly plastics and organic materials. Based on our research across more than 20 countries, we are developing solutions to put all waste to productive use for the benefit of communities and the environment. We believe that a community-scale solution that captures the full value of all waste streams and addresses all stages of the waste and recycling lifecycle, from the communities who generate the waste to the companies committed to buying recycled materials, can be economically self-sufficient, and environmentally and socially responsible.
Over the coming years, we will add additional initiatives and programs on topics beyond Sustainability and Recycling. In 2019, we expect our small team will increase to around 10-12 people, with the support of McKinsey & Company and other funders and partner organizations.
is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director of Operations is a member of our senior leadership team with responsibility for the development, coordination and execution of our people, financial, and organizational strategy across all of our programs as we move from start-up into initial program activity and beyond. As such, he/she must establish him/herself as an indispensable member of the team, whose judgment, oversight and insights into business matters are greatly valued by the leadership and contribute to the overall success of our non-profit.
1. General business oversight: Independently managing the day-to-day business decisions of the non-profit, ensuring flawless execution of strategy through communication, knowledge, budget, people, and performance updates, and board discussions.
2. Human Resources: Supporting the rethkinging of the non-profit's organizational design for growth (e.g., org structure, roles & responsibilities); supporting recruiting for new roles; negotiating and overseeing comp for new hires; managing processes around rotational fellows donated from funders (including rotational memos, performance reviews) and other related topics.
3. Professional development: Tuning and evolving the people model for better impact and development of new capabilities; acting as a respected coach and mentor; supporting design
, 1200 19th Street NW Washington, DC, 20036, USA
and delivery of training and team building events; onboarding new hires; designing and supporting performance reviews and ensuring and cultivating high performance in all roles. 4. Finances: Tracking financial spend against budget; managing any incoming grants and related reporting; ensuring teams are properly reimbursed for external expenses; monitoring team spending and ensuring compliance with guidelines; being the first point of contact for our external contractors on financial issues including travel reimbursement; working with accountants for public reporting (990) and managing the annual audit. 5. Legal compliance: Working with legal counsel in the US, Argentina and Indoneisa to establish branches of as necessary; track partnerships overseeing legal agreements around branch offices (as and when established); ensuring team members comply with immigration and employment rules in different regions. 6. Board secretary: documenting board discussions and circulating the minutes, ensuring all Board members have signed appropriate paperwork, etc.
Skills and experience
We're seeking an experienced professional who has:
? Minimum of 12-15 years' of business work experience with 5-7 years of direct leadership experience is required
? A broad operations skill set across various areas (human resources, professional development, budgeting and reporting) and from strategy to execution and experience holding accountability for large scale operations
? Experience managing stakeholder relationships including those with senior management at corporations, non-profits, government officials and agencies where required, negotiating with external vendors and enforcing governance with implementation partners
? Comfort working in a "start-up" environment, with the associated level of ambiguity. Entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, proactive mindset required for start-ups that demands taking ownership of targets and seeking opportunities for improvement / growth of the program without guidance
? Experience with financial planning and ability to manage budgets efficiently ? Positive, solutions and impact oriented attitude, drive for excellence ? Passion for and experience working in sustainability (or potentially related areas of social
impact) ? Agile, able to adapt to changing priorities ? Comfort working across global time zones ? Professional demeanor, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
(English) and attention to detail ? Minimum educational qualification: Post graduate, preferably MBA or equivalent
The Director of Operations will be based in the U.S. and will work remotely. Our preference is for them to be based in the East Coast time-zone, to enable successful collaboration across our global team. They will travel occasionally, e.g., for leadership meetings. The successful candidate will be required to prove they have the right to work in the U.S..
The Director of Operations will report to 's CEO Mona Mourshed, based in Washington D.C., and the Global Executive Director for Sustainable Communities, Shannon Bouton, based in Detroit, and work closely with teams based in Argentina, Indonesia and the US. They will also need to be comfortable working directly with funders and peers in 's partner organizations.
- pdf city of stamford director of operations ripwa org
- director of operations fly lansing
- job description director of operations june 2019
- director of operations la film festival director of events film
- director of operations tn gov
- director of operations
- director of operations razor planet
- job posting director of operations
- director of operations mckinsey
- director of operations opportunity in chicago
- director of operations logic com
- gwa job description director of operations directeur
- director of operations responsibilities
- elder attorneys free questions
- herb chambers honda of seekonk
- used toyota tacomax4 for sale
- childs battery operated vehicles
- garage storage cabinet on wheels
- cuyahoga county home sales records
- berkeley community college jobs
- double decker bus tour london
- scranton dodge chrysler jeep ram
- richard thomas artist new orleans
- 2017 toyota camry hybrid reviews
- john deere dealers in virginia
- duracell volt golf cart batteries
- battlefield ford culpeper inventory
- greenville nc subaru dealer
- city of san juan capistrano zoning map
- burlington county library events
- arnold clark car sales stafford
- valley plains equipment jamestown nd
- city of dallas building inspection