Fairfield county clerk of courts branden c meyer

Pdf File 166.81 KByte, 4 Pages




Lancaster, Ohio 43130 Passport Hours: 8:00 AM-11:00 AM and

1:00 PM-4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) Phone: 740-652-7540 Fax: 740-681-4735


Pickerington, Ohio 43147 Passport Hours: 8:00 AM-11:00 AM and

1:00 PM-4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) Phone: 614-835-2610 Fax: 614-833-5850

By the authority of the President of the United States, the Secretary of State has designated various categories of persons who are authorized to accept passport applications. Pursuant to the authority, the Clerk of Courts in Fairfield County is accepting passport applications as a service to the public at both title offices.

This guide will answer the most common questions regarding passport applications and will provide information regarding the passport application service offered by the Fairfield County Clerk of Courts.

Do I need an appointment? The Clerk of Courts never requires an appointment for any of its services. We provide passport services at both of our title offices during the following hours: 8:00 AM-11:00 AM and 1:00 PM-4:00 PM (Monday-Friday). Due to the time it takes to process the paperwork, if you need a passport application processed, you must arrive to the office before 4:00 P.M. Passports are not processed on Saturdays.

Do children need passports? All persons including newborns are required to obtain passports in their own names. All minors must appear in person with both parents or legal guardians to execute the passport application. Effective February 1, 2008, children under age 16 require both parents' signatures (As provided by Public Law 106-113, Sect. 236).

Must I apply in person? All first-time applicants must always apply in person. All applicants including minors must appear in person. First time applicants must complete a Passport Application Form- Form DS-11.

Who may apply for a passport by mail? 1. You already have a passport. 2. Your most recent passport was issued within the past 15 years. 3. You were 16 years of age or older at the time it was issued. If your passport has been lost, mutilated or violated in any manner you may not apply by mail.

What documents should I bring? A completed Passport Application Form- Form DS-11 (use black ink only) must be accompanied by four items: 1. Proof of U.S. citizenship 2. Proof of identity 3. One photograph 4. Required fees (Please see below for the fees and acceptable methods of payment)

Proof of U.S. Citizenship Submit a previous U.S. Passport or a certified copy of a birth certificate. Children under 16 must have both. If no birth certificate was issued, secondary evidence may be submitted for consideration. Secondary records, which should have been created as close to the applicant's date of birth as possible, should contain information pertaining to the applicant's date and place of birth. When using secondary evidence, a notice from the registrar of vital statistics, where birth occurred, must be obtained stating that no birth record is on file.

Proof of Identity Submit one of the following (with a copy of front and back): 1. A previous U.S. Passport 2. A valid Driver's License 3. A valid Military I.D. card 4. A valid State I.D. card Temporary permits are not accepted.

Photograph One photograph is required which must have been taken within the last six months. It must be 2"x2" and must be in color. The photograph must be full frontal or whole face view without any part of head or hair cut off. No dark glasses or hats may be worn. Photo must have a white or off-white background and be facing forward (Vending machine photos are not acceptable.).

Where can I get a passport photo? Some photography studios, AAA, and some drug and department stores (i.e. Walgreens, CVS) supply passport photos. The Bureau of Motor Vehicles Office in Lancaster also takes passport photos for a fee of $10.00.

What is a Passport Card? The U.S. Passport Card may only be used for international travel by land or by sea between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. It cannot be used for air travel--even in the case of emergency.

Fairfield County Clerk of Courts- Passport Information Guide


How long does it take to get a passport? Normal Processing: Allow 6 weeks from the time you submit an application to the time you receive your passport.

Expedited Processing: An expedited passport is guaranteed by the U.S. Passport Agency to be processed and received within 3 weeks (subject to change).

What if I need a passport in a hurry? If you are leaving on an emergency trip in less than two weeks, apply in person to the nearest passport agency and present your completed passport application with all necessary paperwork. You may also apply at the title office for an expedited passport. Hand carry is also an option.

What is the Hand Carry option? A hand carry is defined as a case when an executed application package is given to the applicant in a sealed envelope to be delivered to a Passport Agency or Center by a third party (such as a courier company, Member of Congress, family/friend or any other individual designated by the applicant). A Letter of Authorization for Third Party Form is required. Upon request, executed applications may be returned to an applicant in a sealed envelope to be hand carried to a Regional Passport Agency only if the applicant: demonstrates an imminent travel need (in less than 14 calendar days) or demonstrates that one or more visas are needed and is travelling within four weeks. To demonstrate the need, you must provide proof of travel. A letter from your Member of Congress may be accepted in place of evidence of travel. Fairfield County residents should contact Congressman Steve Stivers at 614-771-4968 to request this letter.

Congressional Expedited Service If you need a passport in a time frame sooner than the 2 to 3 weeks or in an emergency, you may request an expedited passport from your Member of Congress. Fairfield County residents should contact Congressman Steve Stivers Office at 614-771-4968 to request this letter. You must still complete your application process and visit a Passport Acceptance Facility such as one of the two title offices or a U.S. Post Office. There is no additional fee for this service.

Passport Fees

Adult First Time Applicants (Age 16 and older)

What are you applying for? Application Fee*

Adult Passport Book


Adult Passport Card


(If you do NOT currently hold

a valid Passport Book or Card.)

Adult Passport Card & Book $140.00

Acceptance Execution Fee? + $35.00 + $35.00

+ $35.00

All Minor Applicants (Age 15 and under)

What are you applying for? Application Fee*

Acceptance/Execution Fee?

Minor Passport Book


+ $35.00

Minor Passport Card


+ $35.00

Minor Passport Card & Book $95.00

+ $35.00

*Application Fee: Check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State. One check per application should be submitted if submitting applications for more than one passport.

Fairfield County Clerk of Courts- Passport Information Guide


?Acceptance/Execution Fee: Cash, debit/credit card (for an additional convenience fee), personal check or money order made payable to Fairfield County Clerk of Courts. A combined payment for the acceptance/execution fee may be combined if submitting applications for more than passport.

Optional Fees Expedited Service: To request Expedited Service, pay the $60.00 Expedited Service Fee for each application, in addition to the required fees noted above. The Expedited Fee is required for each application submitted. This optional fee may be combined with the payment for the application fee.

Passport Book 1-2 Day Delivery Service (for return service back from Agency, formerly known as overnight delivery fee): We strongly suggest that you use the overnight delivery service to return your newly issued Passport Book to you. Overnight delivery service is not available for passport cards, which are delivered via First Class Mail only. To request overnight delivery, pay the $17.13 overnight delivery fee for each application, in addition to the required fees noted above. This optional fee may be combined with the payment for the application fee.

Overnight Delivery Fee (for sending application to Agency): Depending on how soon you are leaving, you may want to pay an optional fee to have your application sent via overnight delivery to the U.S. Passport Agency. This optional fee is charged by the U.S. Postal Service is $26.35 and may be paid in cash or check made payable to U.S. Postal Service.

Conclusion The above information is intended to answer the most frequently asked questions. If you need additional or more detailed information, we will be happy to explain any of these procedures to you by calling the Lancaster Title Office at 740-652-7540 or the Pickerington Title Office at 614-835-2610. You may also contact the U.S. Department of State at 1-877-487-2778 or visit their website at travel..

(Rev. 2/2020)

Fairfield County Clerk of Courts- Passport Information Guide


Download Pdf File