Georgia board of nursing georgia secretary of state georgia gov
Pdf File 598.34 KByte, 6 Pages
Georgia Board of Nursing
Continuing Competency/Education Plan Options for Registered Nurses
Licensees may select one of the following options to fulfill the continuing competency/education requirements. Licensees should submit all documentation to CE Broker using the instructions contained on the Board's website. Licensees who submit a renewal application and do not complete the continuing competency requirements will be considered to have submitted an incomplete renewal and the license will not be renewed.
Option 1 Completion of thirty (30) continuing education hours by a Board approved provider [O.C.G.A. ? 43-26-9(b.1)(1)].
Please submit transcripts or certificates of completion documenting thirty (30) continuing education hours completed during the biennial renewal period. Transcripts and certificates should include the provider's approval or accreditation information and the number of contact hours awarded.
Please visit the Board's website at sos.plb/nursing for a list of acceptable providers.
Please Select From One Of The Following Five Options
The selected option must be completed during the biennial renewal period
Maintenance of certification Completion of an accredited Verification of competency by
or recertification by a national academic program of study in a health care facility or entity
certifying body recognized by nursing or a related field as licensed under O.C.G.A. ?31-7
the Board. [O.C.G.A. ? 43-26- recognized by the Board
or by a physician's office that
[O.C.G.A. ? 43-26-9(b.1)(3)]. is part of a health system and
at least five hundred (500)
Please submit evidence of
Course of study must be a
hours practiced as evidenced
certification during the
minimum of two credit hours. by employer certification on a
biennial renewal period.
Acceptable areas of study
form approved by the Board
include respiratory therapy, [O.C.G.A. ? 43-26-9(b.1)(4)].
Please visit the Board's
informatics, health care
administration, and business Please have your employer
complete the verification of
click on "Licensure" and view
the Continuing Education
Please submit transcripts
Packet for a complete list of showing completion of
Board approved certifying
course(s) during the biennial
renewal period. Please
include course description(s).
Option 5 Completion of a Board approved reentry program or graduation from a nursing education program [O.C.G.A. ? 43-26-9(b.1)(5)].
Please submit documentation of completion of a Board approved reentry program or graduation from an approved nursing education program within the biennial renewal period.
Georgia Board of Nursing Acceptable Providers for Continuing Education for Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses
Acceptable continuing education may be taken in a conventional classroom setting, through online courses, professional journals, correspondence or independent study.
1. Any provider, recognized by a national credentialing body, offering certification in the licensed nurse's specialty area of practice.
Examples of National Nurse Credentialing/Certification bodies include but are not limited to:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Certification (ANCC) - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) - Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN)
2. Any provider, recognized by a national credentialing body, recognized by the Georgia Board of Nursing in Rule 410-12-.12, offering certification to advanced practice nurses.
Examples of National Nurse Credentialing/Certification bodies include but are not limited to:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Certification - American Midwifery Certification Board - National Board on Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists
3. Georgia Nurses Association ("GNA"), including offerings given by the GNA Continuing Education
Provider/Approver Unit. Information regarding the Georgia Nurses Association can be found at:
4. Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) in Georgia or any state AHEC that is a member of the National AHEC Organization. Information on Georgia AHEC can be found at: gru.edu/ahec
5. American Nurses Association (ANA), or ANY ANA affiliated state nurses association provider/approver unit
6. National League for Nursing (NLN)
7. National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
8. Employer sponsored continuing education programs having a minimum of one course objective. Unless the program is accredited through one of the other bodies mentioned on this document, employer sponsored continuing education may only be used for up to 50% of total contact hours.
9. Any provider of professional continuing education for health care professionals. Examples include offerings related to specialty areas of nursing practice such as research, case management, health policy, forensics, mental health, or complementary alternative therapies offered by bodies including but not limited to: - Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) - Healthcare Quality Certification Board (HQCB) - American Legal Nurse Consultant Certification Board (ALNCCB)
10. Professional Journals (i.e. The American Journal of Nursing, Nursing 2013, Nursing Management and The Nurse Practitioner) offering continuing education approved by appropriate bodies including but not limited to:
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) ancc - American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
11. Any provider recognized by another state board of nursing within the United States.
Activities NOT accepted as Continuing Education
Offerings designed for lay persons
Offerings less than 30 minutes in duration
On-the-job training related to new policies, procedures or equipment
Other educational activities not sufficiently professional in character to reasonably qualify as continuing education.
Definition of Continuing Education Units and Contact Hours
The Georgia Board of Nursing accepts either contact hours or CEUs (in any combination) to fulfill the continuing education requirements of O.C.G.A. ?43-26-9(b.1)(1)
- One Contact Hour is equal to 60 minutes of instruction. - 0.1 CEU is equal to 60 minutes of Instruction. - 1 CEU is equal to ten hours of instruction.
Submitting Documentation of Completion of Continuing Competency Activities
Licensees Submitting Documentation for Licensure Renewal - Documentation of completion of continuing competency activities should be submitted to CE Broker () using the instructions contained on the Board's website (sos.plb/nursing).
Applicants for Reinstatement of Licensure - Documentation should be submitted to your licensing analyst.
Georgia Board of Nursing
Continuing Competence ? Evidence of Active Nursing Practice For Use By Registered Nurses Only
O.C.G.A. ? 43-26-9(b.1)(4) provides that applicants for licensure renewal as a registered nurse may submit verification of competency by a health care facility or entity licensed under O.C.G.A. ?31-7 or by a physician's office that is part of a health system. The licensee must have practiced at least five hundred (500) hours during the biennial renewal period and the employer must complete the certification form below.
I certify that the above licensee has worked at least five hundred (500) hours during the period of
__________________ (MMYY) through __________________ (MMYY) and has performed his/her duties
As the employer/employer representative, I verify that the facility or entity is licensed under O.C.G.A. ?31-7 or is a physician's office that is part of a health system.
Employer/Representative Name Employer/Represenative Signature Name of Company Telephone
You may also find it helpful to use this link () to visit the website for the Georgia Department of Community Health. At that site, use the "Find a Facility" search tool to search for licensed health care related facilities licensed by that agency. If your facility is not licensed under O.C.G.A. ? 31-7 and is not included on that site, you may not use Option Four to satisfy the continuing competency requirements.
Employees of the Georgia Department of Public Health may use this form to satisfy Option Four of the continuing competency requirements.
For licensees completing the license renewal process, this form should be submitted to CE Broker () using the instructions contained on the Board's website (sos.plb/nursing).
Board Of Nursing
Certifying Bodies Accepted to Satisfy Option Two
The Board recognizes the certifications from the following national certifying bodies to satisfy the licensure renewal requirements in O.C.G.A. ? 43-26-9(b.1)(2).
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners American Association of Critical Care Nurses Certification Corporation American Association of Nurse Anesthetists American Board of Neuroscience Nursing American Board for Occupational Health Nurses American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification (ABPANC) Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC) (formerly the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS) Accreditation Council) American Board of Transplant Certifications (ABTC) ? Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator and Certified Clinical Transplant Nurse American Holistic Nurses Certificating Center American Legal Nurse Consultant Certification Board American Midwifery Certification Board American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Certification American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical Nurses Board of Certification of Emergency Nursing (CEN) Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology Certifying Board of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates Commission on Nurse Certification Competency and Credentialing Institute Dermatology Nursing Certification Board (DNCB) HIV/ AIDS Nursing Certification Board Hospice and Palliative Credentialing Center Intravenous Nurses Certification Corporation Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB) Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) Multiple Sclerosis Nurses International Certification Board National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants (NACLNC) National Association for Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health (NPWH) National Board of Certification of School Nurses National Board on Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists National Board for Certification of School nurses, Inc. National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses National Certification Corporation National Certifying Board for Ophthalmic Registered Nurses National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation November 2018
Orthopedic Nurses Certification Board Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) Radiologic Nursing Certification Board Rehabilitation Nursing Certification Board Vascular Nursing Certification Board Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board
- georgia board of nursing georgia secretary of state
- georgia board of nursing augusta state university
- georgia board of nursing
- pdf georgia department of public health prescriptive authority
- georgia board of dentistry a division of the georgia
- georgia state board of pardons and paroles
- pdf georgia board of nursing name georgia license last
- state of georgia board of veterinary medicine office 478
- georgia board of cosmetology approved educator
- georgia board of nursing augusta edu
- georgia board of nursing georgia secretary of state georgia gov
- pdf georgia board of nursing valdosta edu
- georgia department of public health
- pdf georgia board of dentistry a division of the georgia
- global tactical asset allocation
- emas logo guide ec europa eu
- office of cable tv film music entertainment dc council
- players will be visiting six gta schools this month to
- ic disc and fdii u s export incentives post tax reform
- toro parts list replacement parts
- free cattle magazines by mail
- orthopaedic surgery hand surgery
- option to purchase real property agreement
- northwest area command albuquerque
- amazon music unlimited subscription
- used toyota pickup trucks for sale
- chinese traditional tattoos
- largest toyota dealer in tennessee
- salvage jeep cherokee for sale
- baldwin automotive laurens sc
- best garage door repair companies
- diesel works bowling green ky
- 2014 ford focus transmission recall
- tasca automotive group cranston
- woodbridge middle school parent portal
- jeep compass price in india
- stainless steel jeeps for sale
- cltv breaking news today live
- craigslist nashville pets free