Map of savanna portage state park summer trails and
Pdf File 2,851.52 KByte,
? 2021, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
MAP AND GUIDE: SAVANNA PORTAGE STATE PARK
55626 LAKE PLACE MCGREGOR, MN 55760 AITKIN COUNTY 218-419-1500
? Drive carefully on narrow, winding roads and watch for deer.
? Wood and deer ticks live in the park. Be sure to check yourself after you hike.
? The campground is open April through November. Backpack camping, a guesthouse and camper cabin are available year-round.
? In an emergency call 911.
? Non-emergency sheriff's number: 218-927-2138.
ONLY HAVE AN HOUR?
? Visit Loon Lake to fish, picnic, paddle or enjoy a shoreline hike.
? Hike or mountain bike around Lake Shumway and keep your eyes open for wildlife.
? Take a drive through the park and a short hike to the Continental Divide Overlook and Wolf Lake. This is especially beautiful in fall.
? Keep your eyes to the sky! Savanna Portage is busy with birds.
LOOKING FOR MORE TO DISCOVER DURING YOUR STAY? VISIT SAVANNA
ABOUT THE PARK
The park was created in 1961 to preserve the historic Savanna Portage Trail. The trail linked the St. Louis and Mississippi rivers along the canoe route from Lake Superior to the upper Mississippi. It required a six mile portage across marsh, swamp and forest which took about five days. The portage route was long used by the Dakota and Ojibwe people, explorers and voyageurs.
The park, at over 16,000 acres, is home to diverse plants and wildlife. The solitude of 22 miles of hiking trails and four fishable lakes (electric motors only) makes a great getaway during any season.
Lake Shumway Trail Gently rolling hills ? Mowed grass Hike through hardwood forest that borders the lake. Look for swans and otters along the way.
Loon Lake Trail Some steep terrain ? Packed dirt Take this narrow trail along Loon Lake and through hardwood forest and big white pines.
Continental Divide Trail
Hilly ? Mowed grass ? Gravel
Find the spot where water runs east to the St. Louis River and St. Lawrence Seaway on one side and west to the Mississippi
and Gulf of Mexico on the other. This wooded path is great for wildlife watching.
Historical Savanna Portage Trail
6.3 miles one-way
Gently rolling hills ? Packed dirt
This trail has been used for thousands of years to connect the St. Louis and Mississippi Rivers. Follow in the footsteps of
American Indians and voyageurs that walked here long before you.
SO EVERYONE CAN ENJOY THE PARK...
A FULL SET OF STATE PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS IS AVAILABLE AT THE PARK OFFICE OR .
8 a.m.?10 p.m. daily.
Permits required; purchase at park office or entrance kiosk.
Keep on 6-foot leash; pick up after; attend at all times; not allowed in buildings or at beaches.
- CAMPGROUND QUIET HOURS 10 p.m.? 8 a.m.; only registered campers may be in campground during quiet hours.
Must be purchased at this park or from vendors who sell wood approved for this park; no gathering firewood in the park.
MORE TO EXPLORE
? Checkout a free GPS, fishing or birding Kit, or a Kid's Discovery Kit from the park office.
? Rent canoes, kayaks, boats or snowshoes from the park office.
? Stay in a drive-in campsite, backpack campsite, group camp, camper cabin or the guesthouse. Visit reservations or call 866-857-2757 to make a reservation.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Information Center 500 Lafayette Rd. , St. Paul, MN 55155-4040 888-646-6367 or parks
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This information may be available in alternative format upon request.
- palo duro canyon state park trails map texas parks and
- stephen f austin state park trails map
- pdf itasca state park ˜ summer map 200 9 2 trails
- blanco state park own trails map y ak rek ademy
- map of paul bunyan and heartland state trails and facilities
- abilene state park trails map texas parks wildlife
- colorado bend state park trails map texas parks and
- state forest state park brochure and map colorado parks and
- wonder lake state park brochure new york state parks
- gooseberry falls state park campground map
- beaver island state park trail map new york state office
- map of lake vermilion soudan underground mine trails and
- map of savanna portage state park summer trails and
- garner state park trails map texas parks wildlife
- mckinney falls state park trails map texas parks and
- global catastrophe recap
- basic video techniques
- câmara municipal de coimbra
- relatório sobre as boas práticas do sis moçambique
- crime na padaria de poá carros de luxo polícia civil
- amazon black friday sales online
- blackwell gmc poplar bluff mo
- lifted trucks dealerships in texas
- village hotel newcastle upon tyne
- performance cdjr columbus ohio
- grove park jacksonville florida
- verbal de escalation articles
- cargurus used cars north carolina
- john deere dealers in wisconsin
- chrysler jeep dodge financing
- coufal prater equipment navasota tx
- chrysler auburn hills directory
- focus on family daily broadcast
- fix kohler toilet flush valve
- andy mohr used vehicle inventory
- berkeley community college jobs
- does enterprise take trade ins
- dubois county indiana health department
- herb chambers honda of seekonk
- jeep cherokee option packages