Pdf healthy workplace food beverage toolkit healthier sandwiches
Pdf File 89.08 KByte,
HEALTHY WORKPLACE FOOD & BEVERAGE TOOLKIT
Sandwiches are common in the American diet and are an easy lunch option. Here are some tips for making a healthy and more delicious sandwich.
? Choose healthier ingredients and make smart substitutions.
? Request nutrition information, if available, and choose items with the lowest amounts of sodium, added sugars and saturated fat and no trans fat.
? Keep in mind portion/serving size. Cut large sandwiches in halves or quarters before serving.
Vegetables and Fruits
? Adding vegetables and fruits is a great way to make a sandwich healthier, tastier and more filling.
? Add sliced or shredded vegetables including beets, carrots, celery, cucumbers, onions, peppers, radishes, tomatoes and zucchini.
? Add sliced fruits such as apple, avocado and pear.
? Request whole-wheat/whole-grain breads with high fiber content.
? If serving on flat bread, pita, tortilla or wrap, ask for smaller sizes and whole grain.
? A serving of deli meat should be no more than 4 oz. (ideally 2 oz.).
? Processed deli meats can be high in sodium. Check nutrition information if available and use varieties with the lowest amounts of sodium.
? Vegetarian proteins (beans, hummus, nut butters, tahini, tofu) can be a healthy alternative.
Condiments and Seasonings
? T raditional prepared condiments (mustard, ketchup, mayo) can be high in sodium, added sugars and fats. Offer them on the side.
? H ealthier alternatives may include: fruit relish or chutney, guacamole, horseradish, hummus, pesto, salsa. (Check nutrition information, if available.)
? U se herbs, spices and salt-free seasonings to add flavor.
? Limit cheese, as it's usually high in sodium and saturated fat. Compare nutrition information and choose wisely. Varieties such as mozzarella and Swiss may be better choices. Request extra-thin slices.
? Avocado or hummus can take the place of cheese for a dairy-free or vegan option.
?2014, American Heart Association 6/14DS7965
- pdf kansas healthy vending implementation guide
- pdf healthy workplace food beverage toolkit quick start guide
- pdf 2018 st louis workplace nutrition survey
- pdf nutrition charlottechamber com
- pdf healthy workplace food beverage toolkit guidance by food
- pdf healthy workplace food beverage toolkit healthier cooking
- pdf food service management companies expanding healthier options
- pdf healthy for good the american heart association in the workplace
- pdf commitment to building a culture of health
- pdf creating a culture of health at work
- pdf healthy workplace food beverage toolkit guidance on
- pdf healthy workplace food beverage toolkit healthier sandwiches
- pdf healthy workplace food and beverage i heart water
- pdf healthy living
- pdf healthy workplace food and beverage toolkit
- a new study from the economic ting clients on the path to
- cozen global insurance group o connor winter 2010
- sba small business resource guide
- windows 8 driver installation instructions v2
- samsung galaxy s20 5g s20 5g uw s20 5g s20 ultra 5g
- broderson carry deck crane rentals
- mitsubishi dealers in ny state
- difference between honda accord models
- new windsor state bank westminster
- reviews of jeep renegade trailhawk
- toyota dealership in chattanooga tn
- locomotive rosters of north america
- erie county ny death certificates
- landers auto group germantown tn
- columbus ohio employer withholding
- lincoln technical institute lincoln ri
- buttermilk farms restaurant
- luna innovations incorporated roanoke va
- mercedes benz phoenix camelback
- general motors corporate office
- 2017 mustang gt premium horsepower
- 2018 calendar with days numbered
- colorado springs ordinance enforcement
- enterprise car rental langhorne pa
- how to calculate scrap factor