Pdf los angeles county employer assistance grant fund
Pdf File 150.26 KByte,
LOS ANGELES COUNTY EMPLOYER ASSISTANCE GRANT FUND
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are businesses with independent contractors (who are working full time) eligible to apply?
No. Per law, ICs are not employees and thus the business does not meet the 2 to 50 full-time employee requirement for this grant. ICs can get Disaster Unemployment Insurance, for more information visit: .
2. Will partial amounts be given? If a business applies for $5k but does not demonstrate the need for $5K, will approvers grant a partial amount or only approving/denying the full amount requested?
Yes, partial amounts will be given. WDACS will review each funding request and determine the appropriate allocation of funding based on a variety of factors.
3. What type of documents or information would be enough to show that there was a significant economic hardship to our business because of COVID-19?
Examples include at least one of the following: 1. 20% loss in revenue since March 4, 2020 compared to the average monthly revenue for the previous 6 months. Reduction in revenue must be related to the COVID-19 crisis. 2. Prohibitive costs that need to be covered because of any level of revenue reduction associated with the impact of the COVID-19 virus. 3. Prohibitive costs related to COVID-19 prevention measures. 4. Other circumstances subject to review on a case by case basis.
4. What is budget sheet as mentioned in the grant flyer?
A sample budget sheet is provided in the supporting documentation at workforce..
5. We are a nonprofit 501c3 organization and have questions on our eligibility for the LA County Employer Assistance Grant Fund. Can you please provide more information on what qualifies under "for-profit activity"
All non-profit entities and for-profit entities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
6. Are there any exclusions or limitations to receive the grant? i.e. applying for this grant would hinder us from any other grants or loans available for Small Businesses? if so, how?
No, applying for this grant would not preclude you from applying to any other programs.
7. Since we have a satellite office in LA County, we do business and provide services in LA County, and are already certified as an LA County social enterprise nonprofit, and I want to make sure that we are an eligible entity.
Los Angeles County-certified social enterprises are eligible entities who may apply for this grant.
8. Is the L.A. County Employer Assistance Grant Fund available to businesses based in Long Beach, California?
The Grant Fund is available to all businesses located within Los Angeles County.
9. What is a "for-profit activity?" I have never heard that term before. There are some day care programs that are for-profit but OPICA is a non-profit organization.
Non-profit and for-profit entities are both eligible for this grant opportunity.
10. I am inquiring if LA County Work Force will amend its requirements for "The Los Angeles County Employer Assistance Grant Fund" and extend its eligibility to sole proprietors.
At this time, the grant is available to those employers who have between 2 and 50 employees.
11. If my business is a Partnership entity between two individuals and we do not have payout salaries to ourselves nor do we have any employees are we still eligible for this program? We did not qualify for the SBA PPP as we did not have any employees. My partner and I own our business and we run our business with no other employees.
You must have at least 2 employees of your business to be eligible for this grant opportunity. We received many questions about help should an individual be a sole proprietor. At this time, we are only accepting applications for those firms who have between 2 and 50 employees.
12. I just wanted to see what the required supporting documents will be so that I can begin gathering them and have them ready for the application tomorrow morning.
We will be requiring a brief budget sheet, most recent financial statement, and documentation supporting the demonstration of significant economic hardship as a result of COVID-19.
13. Does the loss of revenue of at least 20% relate to the period of January 2020 to March 2020?
You must show a 20% loss in revenue since March 4, 2020 compared to the average monthly revenue for the previous 6 months. Reduction in revenue must be related to the COVID-19 crisis.
14. What are the required documents a business will be required to submit for the grant application?
Businesses must submit a year-end financial statement, a brief budget sheet for how they plan to use the funds, and any additional documents illustrating the financial hardship experienced.
15. If 2019 taxes have not been filed can a business use 2018 tax information?
Businesses must submit year-end financial statements or the latest interim statement if available. Tax returns are not required for the application.
16. Will additional funds be made available after the first 150 submittals?
There is no guarantee of additional funds, but Los Angeles County is pursuing every avenue to make more funds available to support our local businesses.
17. If the website goes down due to high traffic will there be additional ways to apply?
Should there be any difficulties, please submit any documentation to bizdev@wdacs..
18. Can the application be saved once it has been started?
The portal will close once 150 applications are received. We strongly encourage all applicants to complete the application in one sitting and as quickly as possible.
19. Do you know what the definition will be for at least 2 "full-time employees"?
Employees are defined by California law. Should you have questions about the employment status of your workers, please consult the Employment Development Department at edd..
20. Our company is a partnership where my wife and I own 50% each and both work full time (but it is a pass-through company "partnership") We have another full time employee, and we have 3 other regular employees that would be most likely considered "part time." Any idea on the actual definition of "full time employee" is? Must it be via paycheck? How many hours per week defined? Is it calculated over this past year on average?
Please provide documentation to show that you have at least 2 full-time (40 hours per week) employees under California law.
21. For the budgetary business qualification--must have less than $2,000,000 in gross receipts or annual revenue--does this apply to the current fiscal year or the most recently completed FY?
This requirement applies to 2019, the previous fiscal year.
21. Is to possible to apply for the LA County Employer assistance grant if I do not have employees but I do have an LLC? To be eligible for grant funds, an organization must have between 2 and 50 full-time employees.
- california department of parks and recreation
- pdf executive search rofile rh perry
- los angeles county community services block grant csbg
- pdf los angeles county employer assistance grant fund
- pdf county of los angeles california local transportation fund
- how to apply for general relief by mail
- pdf profile of clean energy investment potential los angeles county
- ppr ved
- pdf chief of transit programs 9200
- pdf change of mailing address los angeles county office of the
- resolutiontemplate comment california
- pdf bonded sewer contractor information package and los angeles
- pdf california fleet news www documents dgs ca gov
- pdf l a care cal mediconnect plan provider manual
- part 7 cross application modules chapter 43 using the
- town of middlefield connecticut the official website of
- disclaimer grenadine event management software
- www2 co fresno ca us
- gitmo releases indicate sca