Photo project photo montage collage
Pdf File 536.08 KByte,
Digital and Film Photography One Mr. Stiles ? Fall 2019
100 points ,
Photo Project: Photo Montage/Collage
Using Photoshop, create 3 different photo montages with 3 or more photos in each, following my Photoshop demo instructions for this & the handout.
One of the photos used should be your own, and others may be acquired on-line.
Keep in mind that copyright laws may limit you from ever selling your Montage if you acquire the photos online.
Photos should be meshed together to give the illusion that it's all one photo. Not just in separate boxes in the same frame.
The main tools used here are the eraser, the move tool, the opacity slider, and the transformation function.
Paintings and other forms of images or type acquired online are also allowed for use in the montage, but some photos by you should also be used.
Sample Montage Sites: &cmobjid=262014&view=viewer&refcmobjid=232905 and
and which has high quality free images to copy/download
3 Final photo montages should be turned in to the teacher's computer.
Objective: To learn the basics of Photo Montage for both commercial and fine art applications. Due date: Thursday, 11/7/19 Value: 100 Pts. for Photo 1, 25 Pts. for Photo 2
Additional Considerations & Information:
The art of combining images is a composite. During the design process we need to answer these questions:
1. What is our theme? 2. What will be the background layer? 3. What are we creating? 4. Who is our audience? 5. What kind of image files are we using, JPG or PSD? 6. Where are we getting our images from? 7. Are we complying with copyright laws? 8. What is the image size that we are creating? 9. What is the resolution we need? 10.What is the image size of the images that we are combining? 11.What is the resolution of the images that we are combining?
Vocabulary - Check Understanding
Audience-A group of admirers.
Background-The layer that is always on the bottom. Compositing-Combining images from different sources.
Copyright-Protection extended to an author or creator of an original work, which gives them the exclusive right to copy, distribute and modify.
Image resolution-The number of pixels per inch (ppi) that are printed on a page. The greater number of pixels the better clarity and quality of the image.
Image size-A combination of printed dimension and pixel resolution. Pixels-Very small squares, each pixel represents a color or shade.
Selection-The two basic methods you can use to make selections are using a tool or using color.
Theme- A subject of artistic representation.
Many of our images come from other sources (whether they are our own creations or not). We need to make sure we are always complying with copyright laws and the importance of having permission to use someone else's work.
We will be using which has high quality free images to copy/download for use in creative works either commercial or not.
COURSE TITLE: Digital Photography
INSTRUCTOR: James Stiles Lesson Plan for Montage Project
MAJOR INSTRUCTIONAL OBJECTIVES:
1.To learn the basics of Photo Montage within Photoshop for both commercial and fine art applications. 2. They will be able to combine several photos into one montage/composite, on one page. This is commonly used in wedding albums, magazines, brochures, and advertising.
1.I will be showing examples of photo montages by different photographers, including my own montage and that of previous students work on this project. 2.This will be followed up with a demonstration of the steps involved. 3. Students can follow the steps with me while I project the process on screen. A step by step instructional hand out will be supplied to each student to keep.
An assignment to create 3 Photo Montages in Photoshop will be given. To be done in class over the next week or two
ESLR's covered: ( ) 1. Students will develop and execute a multiyear career plan.
(X ) 2. Students will demonstrate professional behavior in the workplace.
( ) 3. Students will anticipate and adjust to ongoing economic and workforce trends.
( X ) 4. Students will understand and demonstrate ethical and legal behavior.
ACADEMIC/CTE STANDARDS TAUGHT OR REINFORCED:
Photoshop Montage Steps:
1. Open all the photos you will use in Photoshop. If any are already Photoshop files (.PSD) Change them in File - Save as ? JPEG (in Format). Use only .jpg images and be sure they are at least around 1000 x 1000 in size.
2. Decide which photo will be your back ground photo layer.
3. Click and drag the first photo you want to add to background out of the dock.
4. Use the move tool at the top of the tools palette and from the center of the photo click and drag the photo onto the background photo.
5. Hit Command and T to change the size. Now hold down the shift key and drag the corner inward to reduce it & outward to enlarge it.
6. Using the move tool click and drag it to where you want to place it.
7. In the top right of your layers palette find Opacity, click on it and drag the slider to 40% to see what will be revealed under it once erased.
8. Go to the Eraser tool (the 11th tool down from the top). Click and hold down your mouse pointer there to be sure you selected the regular Eraser tool and not another tool.
9. At the very top of Photoshop's screen 2nd from the left find the brush size # and change as needed with the sliders. Here you will also see a slider for Hardness, change that slider to 25%.
10. Now start to Erase the unneeded parts of the image you are adding. Do this carefully (points are deducted for sloppiness). Use Command + Alt + Z to go back multiple steps if needed. You may want to bring the Opacity Slider back up to 100% at this point.
11. Repeat these steps for all the other photos you are adding. Then finally go to File ? Save As ? Format (should be Photoshop/.PSD) + Where (should be desktop).
Montage Rubric & Self / Peer Evaluation:
Grade each of the 6 categories with 0 to 4 points: 0 = F, 1 = D, 2 = C, 3 = B, 4 = A. Enter points at left next to category. Also include an evaluation in bottom box.
1. The Visual impact is pleasing and commands the viewer's attention. The design and composition is intentional, simple and uncluttered, and draws you into it. Composited images and placements are clear & large enough to see.
2. Photographic qualities are excellent (Ex. use of color & contrast, the lighting, framing and placement of composited elements, and there are no accidental extraneous things in the photo).
3. Shows effective use of the "Eraser Tool" using a Soft Brush, at 25% Hardness. So that it does not seem hard & choppy or pasted in.
4. Excellent Technical ability in compositing the elements. All composited elements are crisp not fuzzy or pixelated, using large file sizes of added elements. It also has the correct resolution for printing so that the quality looks crisp.
5. Shows a Unique "Visual Concept / Theme, or Style".
6. Effort is visible in that at least 2-3 or more additional images have been added to the background.
WRITTEN SELF OR PEER EVALUATION:
- photo log holmes inspection
- photo globe ibis production
- photo editor x reviews bestreview702 files wordpress com
- photo photo photo item description
- photo editing app for pc wordpress com
- photo and graph overlay pc mac
- photo improver pdf
- collage creator arcsoft
- project proposes to unlock utah oil shale deseret news
- photo memories slideshow after effects template 01
- photo books transform your life into a
- photo gallery trains
- creative photo project wsu extension
- photo project photo montage collage
- photo collage for dummies wordpress com
- plastics policy ucla single use
- bachelor of science
- brigade enrollment access via atrrs united states army
- 10 1 the common gateway interface 10 2 cgi linkage
- introductory scientiﬁc computing with python fossee