Procedure for reinstatement of student status
Pdf File 153.63 KByte,
Procedure for Reinstatement of Student Status
If you have failed to maintain status you may request for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to "reinstate" your F-1 status. You must prove the following:
You have not been out of status for more than five months. If the violation occurred more than five months ago, you would need to prove that there were exceptional circumstances that prevented you from filing prior to five months. After
five months, you may also be required to pay an additional SEVIS fee (not listed in template letter).
You do not have a record of repeat violations. You are or will be pursuing a full course of study for the next available term. You must be able to register full-time;
therefore, there should not be circumstances that would prevent you from registering such as academic suspension/probation, holds, etc. You have not engaged in unauthorized employment. You are not deportable on any grounds other than the F-1 status violation. The F-1 status violation resulted from circumstances beyond your control.
An F-1 student applying for reinstatement must compile the following:
Completed Form I-539 ( - Click on "I-539") with "REINSTATEMENT" written on top of document
SEVIS I-20 (to be completed by the International Student Advisor at your reinstatement appointment)
I-94 Record (print at )
Proof of Finances covering a minimum of one year of study in your program at NSU
Official t ranscript demonstrating enrollment in next term
Personal Statement outlining facts which resulted in your status violation (see template on second page)
Copy of passport that must be valid for at least six more months
Check or money order for current I-539 filing fee, payable to the "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" (refer to and click on "I-539" for current filing fee.)
Remember: You also have the option of returning to your home country to have this procedure completed with a much faster turnaround time.
Please be advised that you cannot travel outside the United States while your reinstatement is in process.
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has the final determination regarding your reinstatement process. The Office of International Affairs has no control over the length of processing time or final outcome.
Student Name Student Signature
NSU N# Date
Page 1 of 2
Your reasons must be documented to explain how your F-1 status violation resulted from circumstances beyond your control. The letter below is only a "template" to help you write up your individual circumstances. You may also wish to include any reason that failure to maintain status would cause some extreme hardship to you. Note the areas in [brackets and italicized] must be tailored to fit your current situation.
USCIS ATTN: I-539 2501 S. State Highway 121 Business Suite 400 Lewisville, TX 75067
To Whom It May Concern:
I am a student requesting reinstatement to F-1 student status. I [plan to enroll/or am currently enrolled] at Nova Southeastern University for full-time study during the [Fall/Spring/Summer] semester.
I realize that I have failed to maintain my full-time F-1 student status and would like to explain the circumstances, beyond my control, which prevented me from maintaining full-time enrollment last semester.
[Explanation of Circumstances]: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
I would like to state that I have not been employed during this time, as I do not have authorization to do so.
Your consideration of my request for reinstatement will be greatly appreciated. I would very much like to continue my education in the United States and complete my degree in [major].
I am enclosing with this letter: Form I-539 Filing Fee of [current fee ? see i-539] Copy of I-20 for Reinstatement Copies of immigration documents [for me and my F-2 dependents]: I-94 record, previous I-20, passport Evidence/documents to support my case Financial Documents to prove I have sufficient funding to study at NSU NSU transcript showing full-time enrollment
Page 2 of 2
- procedure for administration of cathflo®
- procedure for measurement of blood pressure
- procedure for registration of digital signature and
- procedure for election of officers at an association meeting
- procedure for control of records iso consultant in
- procedure for transfer of recordshealth visiting school
- procedure for clearance of imported and export goods
- procedure for submission of final invention statement and certification
- procedure for reinstatement of student status
- procedure for installation of an aftermarket trailer
- online form proof of student status
- procedure for resale of apartment
- procedure for issuance of duplicate bond certificate
- procedure for change of registered consumer name transfer for
- procedure for cure of a key business unit kbu for
- the all new audi q5
- human resources systems leader project manager
- 2010 buick lucerne cxl
- find x assume that segments that appear to be
- oxford 2017 1st qtr liberty ny health plan comparison
- chevy extended warranty cost
- bay area sports basketball tournament
- bartron supply used equipment
- bemidji mn newspapers bemidji pioneer
- 2017 jeep wrangler incentives
- cheapest statue of liberty tickets
- small high top kitchen tables
- ford focus st hatchback review
- jeep wrangler unlimited accessories
- dearborn michigan building department
- map of buffalo grove illinois
- john deere dealers in orlando
- leesburg honda service department
- uconnect phone compatibility list
- dodge durango suspension lift kit
- cabin rentals hendersonville nc
- bad circuit breaker troubleshooting
- grammer tractor seat cushions
- southern lincoln virginia beach
- park ridge hospital patient portal