Standard operating procedures sop naval academy
Pdf File 2,659.68 KByte,
DIVPRODEVINST 3120.?B 16 APR 2019
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP) AND
FOR LARGE SAIL TRAINING CRAFT
AT THE UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY
DIVPRODEVINST 3120.78 l6 APR2019
DIVPRODEVINST 3120.7B 16 APR 2019
SOP REVISION REQUEST FORM INSTRUCTIONS: This form provides a feedback mechanism for the SOP document. In your comments, please be specific and provide the rationale for making the suggested change. Submit any proposed modifications or suggestions using this form to the appropriate program Director for review. DATE: CHAPTER, PAGE, SECTION:
Submitted by: Director, VOST Director, OSTS Vanderstar Chair - - - - - - - - DDNAS DNAS
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
OFFICE OF THE COMMANDANT OF MIDSHIPMEN UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY 101 BUCHANAN ROAD ANNAPOLIS MARYLAND 21402?5100
DIVPRODEVINST 3120.7B 16 APR 2019
From: Deputy Commandant, Professional Development
Subj: PROMULGATION OF STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP) AND REGULATIONS MANUAL FOR U.S. NAVAL ACADEMY SAIL TRAINING CRAFT
Ref: (a) USNAINST 1500.5, US Naval Academy Sailing Programs (b) USNAINST 5450.3, Naval Academy Organization Manual (c) U.S. Navy Regulations (d) PRODEVJNST 3140.1, Hurricane Sortie and Mooring Procedures for Hazardous or Destructive Weather (e) COMDTINST Ml6672.2D, Navigation Rules, International - Inland (72 COLREGS) (f) Racing Rules of Sailing (g) PMS MRC Deck (h) Boat Information Book (BIB) fot? U.S. Naval Academy Navy 44 Sail Training Craft (i) COMDTMIDNJNST 5400.6L, Midshipman Regulations Manual U) DIVPRODEVINST 3530.2 Sail Training C1?aft (STC) Navigation Standards (k) OPVAVINST 3500.39c, Operational Risk Management (I) Coastal and Offshore Persom1el Qualification Standards (PQS) for Large Sail Training Craft (STC)
Encl: ( 1) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Regulations Manual for Large Sail Training Craft
I. Purpose. To promulgate the Standard Operating Procedures and Regulations Manual to be used both ashore and underway onboard large, offshore-capable Sail Trnining Craft (STC).
2, Cancellation. DIVPRODEVINST 3120.7A.
3. Background. The Naval Academy conducts sail training aboard a variety ofSTC. This manual augments guidance contained in reference (a) and guides the professional sail training of midshipmen.
4. Action. All sailing program personnel, to include midshipmen, staff and volunteers, shall strictly adhere to this instruction and be held accountable for its contents. This instruction is not all-inclusive and not a replacement for sound judgment. In ~II instances, those in positions of authority are responsible and accountable for compliance with this directive, and shall diligently enforce good order and discipline as it pe1tains to sound seamanship, navigation and conduct. Any person who finds that he or she cannot fulfill the letter and spirit of this instruction shall itmnediately notify the Director, Naval Academy Sailing.
5. ?Feedback/Changes, Omissions or recommendations for changing any part of this document shall be submitted via the Feedback Form to the appropriate program director. Feedback forms should include specific changes and the rationale for making them.
DIVPRODEVJNST 3120.7B 16 APR 2019
Change DIVPRODEVINST 3120.7A to 3120.7B
3/1/2019 Chapter 1
3/1/2019 Chapter 2
3/1/2019 Chapter 3 3/1/2019 Chapter 4 400.a.l)
Note: Replace last sentence with, "The manufacturer recommends inflating every two months, a schedule for inflation testing will be set by the Vanderstar Safety Chair each season."
3/1/2019 Chapter 5 3/1/2019 Chapter 6 602
Delete "BST" column from Uniform Policy. (BST has their own SOP).
Add new sentence 3, "Eldridge Tide and Pilot Book has a diagram of all the international signal flags."
3/1/2019 Chapter 7
3/1/2019 Chapter 8 807.3.d 3/1/2019 Chapter 8 810.1
Change sl to, "In order to expedite loading of extra equipment into the raft, it is recommended that a "grab bag" containing emergency abandon ship supplies be stowed in the starboard cockpit seat locker while underway."
Delete last sentence of paragraph, "Consult the eheeklist i11 Chapter 9."
Add "NOTE: THE LARGE ANCHOR IS REQUIRED FOR OVERNIGHT OR WHEN THE BOAT IS UNATTENDED."
Delete s2, replace with, "Anchor watch is required overnight when the boat is occupied."
3/1/2019 Chapter 9 903
Change sl to, "Navigator shall set the GPS .... "
Add, "NOTE: THE NAVY 44 M2 HAS A TENDENCY TO REACT MORE TO HEAVY CURRENT WHEN THE WIND IS LIGHT, AND MAY RIDE OVER THE ANCHOR RODE. PAY ATTENTION TO TIDE CHANGES AND CONSIDER USING LESS RODE IN THESE CONDITIONS."
Under "Bilge", replace second and third checklist items with the following: "Use a disposable cup to take a sample of bilge water from bilge sump and check for oil or diesel. Use an "Oil-Zorb" sock-type oil absorber to remove any oil or fuel from the bilge." and "Once oil/diesel is removed, check operation of both manual bilge pumps, and the electric bilge pump. Post personnel
3/1/2019 Chapter 9 904
DIVPRODEV!NST 3 !20.7B 16 APR 2019
on port side to observe discharge while testing to ensure oil/diesel is not being pumped out. The oil/diesel will float on top of the water. Stop operating bilge pumps if discharge is contaminated, and report to Cutter Shed."
Add new item in Pre-Underway: Verify that the Alternator Parallel switch, located between the Battery switches, is in the "OFF" position; top of lever pointing to the left.
- itl transportation standard operating procedures sop
- standard operating procedures sop example
- pdf sample standard operating procedures sop table of contents
- standard operating procedures horizon flight center
- jrotc standard operating procedures sop for air rifle
- standard operating procedures windsor volunteer fire
- standard operating procedures
- standard operating procedures sop united states navy
- standard operating procedures ccssef
- standard operating procedures sop back bone of
- standard operating procedures sop naval academy
- standard operating procedures sop template
- standard operating procedures sop fao
- covid19 standard operating procedures sop
- team building for executive management
- ford roadside assistance programs
- eljer flush valve removal tool
- aluminum service truck bodies
- old jeeps for sale michigan
- john deere lawn mower parts diagram
- used auto parts west michigan
- rappahannock tractor john deere
- kcmo police department non emergency
- dunfermline scotland genealogy
- hotel stratford santa clara
- apple watch series screen replacement
- nearest fedex location near me
- chrysler parts dealer near me
- buick dealership vancouver wa
- enterprise rent a car greensboro nc
- city of indianapolis permits office
- bellevue mental hospital documentary
- toyota highlander features and specs
- john deere dealers in virginia