The importance of non gmo project verified seafood
Pdf File 3,287.93 KByte, 1 Pages
KEEPING IT REAL AND FISHY:
THE IMPORTANCE OF NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED SEAFOOD
GMOs show up almost
everywhere in our food--even in our seafood
The AquAdvantage salmon is genetically engineered to grow twice as fast as other
natural salmon. This fish contains DNA from three different types of fish: Atlantic salmon, Chinook salmon, and the eel-like ocean pout.
Plant-based alternatives to meat products are all the rage. When purchasing plantbased seafood alternatives, look for the Butterfly to ensure the product does not contain genetically engineered
Prepared fish products frequently contain genetically engineered ingredients. From sardines, tuna, and anchovies with added oil, to dried fish products that have flavoring
and texturizers, added ingredients can be the GMO
culprits in seafood.
GMOs such as corn and soy are common in the feed given
to farm-raised fish. This is why the Non-GMO Project evaluates animal feed in its
GMO salmon in the seafood aisle
60+ Number of grocery chains that have said they will not carry the genetically engineered salmon.
Year that the GMO salmon
Year GMO salmon were
entered the Canadian marketplace approved for farming
without shoppers knowing.
and retail sales in the US.
Year GMO salmon are expected to be
sold in the US.
GMO risk ingredients found in a typical surimi product--the key ingredient--in a California roll.
94% of all soy grown in the US is GMO. Soy oil is a common ingredient in canned seafood products.
of seafood imported and consumed in the US comes from aquaculture.
What is a GMO?
A GMO, or genetically modified organism, is a plant, animal,
microorganism or other organism whose genetic makeup has been
modified in a laboratory using genetic engineering.
Thank you to Trans-Ocean for sponsoring our Seafood Education Week!
How Can I Avoid GMOs?
The Non-GMO Project believes everyone has a right to know what is in their food. Our "Butterfly" signifies that a product has been evaluated to ensure its compliance with our rigorous Standard-- which includes ongoing testing for major high-risk ingredients.
Look for the Non-GMO Project verification mark.
- pdf sustainability report 2017
- pdf non gmo project verified products whole foods market
- pdf importance of project portfolio management cognizant
- the non gmo project offers north america s only third party
- the relative importance of financial and non financial
- the importance of non gmo project verified seafood
- non gmo project verified products whole foods market
- non gmo labeling national agricultural law center
- pdf users manuals westminster cracker company
- pdf bread french baguette ben e keith company
- chai 16 barista pro shop
- gmo 에 대한 소비자들의 10 가지 질문과 답변
- mark osteen jacksonville fl
- protestant irish immigration to america
- jeffrey honda in roseville mi
- pictures of finches different types
- 1999 ford ranger transmission problems
- al serra volkswagen service
- amerigroup claim reconsideration form
- bessemer recreation and wellness center
- bennington ne public schools calendar
- toyota headquarters plano tx
- toyota prius for sale by owner
- 2003 lancer evolution for sale
- green leaf restaurant long island
- world famous menu oakland park
- skoda fabia estate dimensions
- craigslist texas trucks by owner
- city of la permit application
- lease deals for jeep wrangler
- berkeley county courts case search
- craigslist middle tennessee area