The vicious cycle of depression wa health
Pdf File 228.16 KByte, 1 Pages
the vicious cdyecpleroefssion
The symptoms of depression can bring about some drastic changes in a depressed person's life, daily routines, and their behaviour. Often it is these changes that makes the depression worse and prevents the depressed person from getting better.
For example, a lack of motivation or a lack of energy can result in a depressed person cutting back on their activities, neglecting their daily tasks and responsibilities, and leaving decision-making to others. Have you noticed these changes in yourself when you are depressed?
You may find that you have become less and less active, don't go out much anymore, avoid hanging out with friends, and stopped engaging in your favourite activity. When this happens, you have become locked in the vicious cycle of depression, which might look like this:
tackling your list of tasks and responsibilities, but doing it in a realistic and achievable way, so that you set yourself up to succeed.
Becoming more active has a number of advantages: Activity helps you to feel better Activity helps you to feel less tired Activity can help you think more clearly
When the depression cycle is broken, it will look like this:
Reversing The Vicious Cycle of Depression
The Vicious Cycle of Depression
Increased guilt, hopelessness, ineffectiveness
Low energy, fatigue, decreased interest
Greater energy & motivation
Feeling hopeful, more confident, less guilty
Decreased activity, neglect of
When your activity level decreases, you may become even less motivated and more lethargic. When you stop doing the things you used to love, you miss out on experiencing pleasant feelings and positive experiences. Your depression could get worse.
Similarly, when one begins neglecting a few tasks and responsibilities at work or at home, the list may begin to pile up. As such, when a depressed person thinks about the things they have to do, they may feel overwhelmed by the pile of things they have put off doing. This may result in them feeling guilty or thinking that they are ineffective or even, a failure. This will also worsen the depression.
Here's a list of possible fun things to do. You can add your own to this list.
1. Soaking in the bathtub 2. Collecting things (coins, shells, etc.) 3. Going for a day trip 4. Going to see a comedy at the movies 5. Going to the beach 6. Playing squash/tennis/badminton 7. Having a barbecue at the park 8. Going for a walk, jog, or hike 9. Listening to uplifting music 10. Gardening
Try some of them out and evaluate how you feel before and after the activity. Chances are, you'll find that you'll feel a little better. The important thing is to persist ? keeping your activity levels up is the first step to breaking out of that vicious cycle!
Reversing the Vicious Cycle of Depression The second step is to look at how thinking patterns
One of the ways of breaking the vicious cycle of is
contribute to the vicious cycle of depression. The
through the use of medication. Medication such as
"Improving how you feel" information sheet starts to look
antidepressants can help change your energy level and
more closely at this.
improve sleep. Another way is to increase your activity
level, especially in pleasurable activities and
This document is for information purposes only. Please refer to the full disclaimer and copyright statement available at regarding the information from this website before making use of such information.
CC I entre for linical nterventions
See website i.health..au for more handouts and resources.
- the vicious cycle of depression wa health
- wa health complaints management policy operational directive
- washington state department of social and health services
- signs and symptoms of depression beacon health options
- pdf the vicious cycle of anxiety cci health wa gov au
- the global crisis of depression lundbeck
- wa health staff air travel policy
- the treatment of depression in older adults depression
- pdf breaking the vicious cycle
- the power of being a woman harvest house
- ou can help stop the vicious cycle of amily and sexual
- the menstrual cycle and its relation to
- the vicious cycle of depression reversing the vicious
- wa health datix clinical incident management system cims
- post request kotlin
- cinderella a play scene 1 aheadbooks
- the newsletter of saint mark s parish april 2019
- ak agriculture insider
- certified nursing assistant cna training waiver
- bay county marriage license search
- affordable auto sales chambersburg pa
- community ford mooresville indiana
- new holland compact tractor packages
- duval county public school map
- lake norman campground cabins
- certified pre owned kia sportage
- bill de blasio s daughter chiara de blasio
- keene chrysler dodge keene nh
- fleet service vehicles for sale
- citizens circle gold checking account
- jeep liberty aftermarket bumpers
- woodhouse lincoln omaha nebraska
- lexus dealer in massachusetts
- buffalos best grill orchard park
- easton vs phillipsburg football game
- caterpillar filters by engine model
- vermont country store weston vt
- volkswagen parts in colorado springs